- Task : Artificial Optical Inspection (AOI)
- Preferred location : Lille (France), Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- Other locations : Paris (France), Munich (Germany), Tokyo (Japan) or Shanghai (China)
- Type : Internship or Job
- Function : Developer
- Duration : 3-6 Months/Permanent
- Reference : Offer-2020-AOI
Nexedi is looking for a developer whose task is to implement Artificial Optical Inspection (AOI) of motherboards of small computers and routers. The result will be Open Source / Free Software combined with Open Source Hardware (to be used in an open source industrial robot).
AOI has multiple purposes: - detect quality problems (eg. bad soldering, missing part in a package); - detect logistic attacks (eg. a "backdoor" component was added to the original PCB layout design). AOI is based on various techniques of vision, including - but not only - machine learning (scikit-image, scikit-learn, etc.). A Wendelin data-lake is involved to collect large sets of images. Data Sets will be published as open data.
The project will first target micro-servers by Olimex, the world's largest designer of open source hardware. All PCB layouts of Olimex are available under open source licenses and are designed using KiCAD open source PCB design software. Olimex is based on Bulgaria in the city of Plovdiv.
- Master artificial optical inspection (AOI)
- Master anomaly detection
- Master PCB quality assurance
- Master Edge Computing based on SlapOS
- Master Olimex open source hardware
- Contribute to data science and vision algorithms for PCB quality assurance
- Contribute to open source projects: scikit-learn, scikit-image, Wendelin, etc.
- Contribute to Edge Computing projects for industry-leading clients
- Contribute to research projects to build the future of our open source stack
- Passionate, self-driven.
- Willingness to contribute to an open source ecosystem and the Free Software community.
- Good skills in GNU/Linux operating system.
- Good programming skills in python.
- Basic knowledge of data sciences, applied mathematics and vision algorithms.
- Good software development skills (version control, testing, debugging).
- Good command of English.
… or you can apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.