- Location : Lille, France / Munich, Germany
- Type : Intern, Job
- Duration : 3-6 months / permanent
- Reference : Offer-2020-PyData
We are the largest free software publisher in Europe and we are looking for dedicated free / open source software developers. Nexedi is the creator of Wendelin (Big Data Application Platform), SlapOS (Decentralized Cloud Computing) ) and ERP5 (Unified Enterprise ERP). The application area of our products cover fields such as Civil Engineering, Renewable Energy and Car Industry.
Besides working on client projects you will contribute to our free software stack and its underlying core technologies such as wendelin.core which provides out-of-core python ndarrays that can be shared transparently across different nodes of cluster of python runtimes.
- Master big data open source technologies such as numpy, scikit-learn, pandas, fluentd, embulk, myrocks, NEO, Wendelin, ERP5
- Design beautiful reactive offline-capable data visualizations
- Extend Wendelin and our html5 gadgets towards a big data appstore
- Improve Wendelin and wendelin.core's capabilities to analyse TBs of data
- Contribute to big data projects for industry-leading clients
- Contribute to ERP5 projects, e.g. in automotive industry
- Contribute to open source projects such as Wendelin, Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, SlapOS, jIO and renderjs.
- Contribute to research projects to build the future of our open source stack
- Passionate, self-driven.
- Willingness to contribute to an open source ecosystem and the Free Software community.
- Very good programming skills in Python.
- Good software development skills (version control, testing, debugging).
- Good command of English.
Nexedi has been developing free software since launching in 2001. We are maintaining software solutions (see our full stack) with over 10 million lines of code including:
- ERP5 - ERP/CRM/DMS/e-business
- Slapos - Cloud Orchestration and deployment
- Wendelin - Big Data/Machine Learning
- Neo - Distributed Storage
- Resist - Resilient Mesh Network
- Renderjs - Promise based component framework
- jIO - Virtual File System and storage connector
- NayuOS - Private OS
- OfficeJs - Private, offline capable productivity AppStore
Besides participating in various research initivatives Nexedi provides customisation services for solutions with implementations being used by corporations such as Airbus, Sanef, Mitsubishi all around the world. We follow the principles of reflexive programming, enforce strict unit testing and emphasize using the latest web technologies.
Our economic model requires each developer to fulfill R&D objectives aiming at delivering short to medium sized solutions to customer requirements and progressing the evolution of our software stack. This way we try to be innovative and fund long term free software without the need for venture capital.
… or you can apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.